Any recipe with pumpkin and cinnamon is one for me. I’m such a sucker for autumn desserts. If you’re a carb lover then this is one for you too. French bread, pumpkin and cinnamon and warm, oh my goodness! Heavenly scent and heavenly taste.
I ate way too much of this so I don’t think I’ll make it often. Willpower, what’s that?
- 1 loaf of french bread torn into bite sized pieces
- To make the Pudding:
- 4 large eggs
- 2 15oz. canned pumpkin
- 1½ c milk
- 1 c ½ and ½
- ¾ c sugar
- 1 teas. cinnamon
- ½ teas. nutmeg and vanilla
- pinch salt
- To make the Caramel sauce:
- ½ c butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 Tbls light corn syrup
- 1 t vanilla
- optional, 1 c walnuts, pecans, raisins or dried cranberries
- Whisk together all pudding ingredients. Place bread in a lightly greased 9 x 13″ pan. Sprinkle with raisins or dried cranberries if desired. Pour pudding mix over bread and mix lightly making sure all bread is covered. Cover with foil and bake @350 for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Caramel sauce: if using nuts, lightly toast them in a skillet for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Heat butter, brown sugar and light corn syrup until sugar is dissolved completely. Stir in vanilla and toasted nuts.
- Pour sauce over pudding after baking.
More pumpkin recipes are here:
Added to Inspire Me Monday
Please be sure to read the Blue365 post and enter for a chance to win a $500. gift card. Just in time for the holidays. Just comment , that’s all you need to do to enter!Thanks for visiting, Debra