His struggle is over

My dad passed away on 11-13 at 2:25 am. He struggled so hard for every breath the last 2 weeks of his life. He is now free of suffering, AMEN. The military service at Fort Indiantown Gap national cemetery was touching and meaningful. I believe he is now happy with our Lord and in the company of his family who passed before him.

I need time to handle my emotions and heal.

More about my parents here.

I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

Debra, xo

Comments

1. Sorry to hear for the loss of your Dad. May your heart be comforted knowing he is with the Lord.

FlowerLady
    FlowerLady Lorraine recently posted..This and thatMy Profile

2. Judy says:

so sorry for your loss debra…i remember the time it took to grieve when my dad passed away, even though that was in 1980. hope you find comfort in all your wonderful memories and know he is “home” at last.
    Judy recently posted..Too Busy To Blog!My Profile

3. Nana Diana says:

Debra- I am sorry for you but glad your Dad is now at peace. It is so hard to watch our parents suffer, isn’t it? God bless you and your family. My Dad has been gone since I was 21 so I know the pain-maybe they are swapping war stories up there right now- xo Diana
    Nana Diana recently posted..BigBoyE And The ‘PuterMy Profile

Much comfort be yours, Debra. Such times are never easy. How wonderful to think of your father completely whole and well and breathing celestial air.

5. pat h says:

so sorry for your loss…

6. Stacey says:

Debbie, I am very sorry for your loss. So sorry.

Hugs,

Stacey
    Stacey recently posted..Saturday Morning EarlyMy Profile

7. I’m so sorry to hear of your loss, Debbie!
    Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions recently posted..This Is It!My Profile

8. Nicholle Olores says:

I am so sorry for your loss! That is heart breaking but that is a reality. I hope you feel better sooner.
    Nicholle Olores recently posted..Some Safety Tips for Home RenovatorsMy Profile

9. Jennie says:

Sorry to hear of your loss. May you find peace that he is in a better place. Hugs.

10. Shelia says:

Debra! I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad, but his suffering is over. As Christians we have the promise that we’ll see our loved ones again. You and your family will be in my prayers.
    Blessings,
    Shelia ;)
    Shelia recently posted..Your Table For Six Is ReadyMy Profile

11. Cyndia Montgomery says:

I am so very sorry for your loss.

12. Gerry says:

Sincere sympathy for your loss.

13. Debra,
    Sorry to hear about your loss, may our Lord be with you and your family during this time.

Blessings,
    Linda
    Linda@Coastal Charm recently posted..Happy ThanksgivingMy Profile

14. Teresa Young says:

Dear friend, I have read your blog off and on for some time now enjoying your creative style. My Dad is also struggling in the hospital at this time with many of the same symptoms that your Dad was suffering. I just wanted to stop and say how sorry fI am for your loss. Yes, we know they are not suffering now. But, yes it is hard to say goodbye. Blessings to you. and your family in the days ahead.
    Teresa Young

15. Hi, Debra, I’m so so sorry you lost your dad. I know that has to be so hard to deal with, I can’t even imagine losing either of mine yet, but I know it will happen eventually. We all have to go through it and I’m sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you!