I’m doing a happy dance here because all that’s left to do in the kitchen makeover project is paint! This is the before picture. I added white lines to mimic where the trim and crown molding would go to get a feel for how it would look. The bi-fold doors out-of-here!
I didn’t have a friendly relationship with those doors! They were always getting stuck in the track and were the source of much aggravation.
Here’s how it looks now, all trimmed out with crown molding and new doors. It looks fancy and I love it! We decided to add another set of doors from the microwave down. That will give me tons more storage on this side of the kitchen.
Today the kitchen looks like this, a mess. The upper cabinets have been painted but all the other ones still need to be painted. The pot rack will be taken down and I might add pendant lights.
At this end of the island the shelves were removed and nice big corbels were added. Those shelves were nothing but dust catchers anyway and removing them opened up the space a little more.
It looked like this before, always very dusty.
Removing the shelves also made space for another stool.
That is where we are at today with this project. The upper cabinets are the only part that were DIY. I hired a carpenter to trim everything and am so glad I did. He got all the doors at a decent price from a cabinet shop and was easy to work with. He understood what I was trying to achieve.
When doing DIY projects it’s best to know your limitations. My husband wasn’t comfortable with doing this kind of finishing work and crown molding is something we haven’t mastered but I’m working on it.
Thanks for visiting! Debra (((xx)))