Visiting antique Marketplace

Antique Marketplace is one of the nicest antique markets I’ve ever visited. The place didn’t smell musty and my allergies behaved, which made my visit so much more enjoyable. The place was clean and each vendor had their wares displayed so prettily. If you are ever in Lemoyne PA, stop in for a visit and there’s a fabric outlet right next door!

2012_03_16_3922

Let’s take a little tour.

2012_03_16_3907

Lime green vinyl table and chairs! Care for a cocktail?

2012_03_16_3914

I spy Pantone’s color of the year, Tangerine Tango, alive and well in the 60’s and 70s.

2012_03_16_3913

Here’s a rake that looked like it was carved from one piece of wood.

2012_03_16_3916

This architectural salvage booth was one of my favorites. Can you spot the old fashioned bath tub?

2012_03_16_3917

If you need a fire hydrant, I found one for you!

2012_03_16_3904

I loved looking at these collections of beautiful old pottery. I think this was Shawnee.

2012_03_16_3905

I think this collection is McCoy or Roseville…..not sure. They look so pretty all grouped together. I can see why collectors love them.

blue vintage vases

This turquoise color is perfect for today’s decorating.

antique vintage fabric

Colorful vintage curtains caught my eye.

antique mall 2

I should have checked the price on this huge horse. It reminded me of a Trojan horse.

2012_03_16_3910

Coca-Cola vending machines were so cool…..back in the good old days!

cake machine antique

chalk paint dresser

These painted pieces were just gorgeous! The gray color paired with silver pieces was a pretty combination.

chalk paint hutch

I loved this china cabinet. Gorgeous!

speakers drive in movie

If you can identify these, you must be old, like me! If you don’t know, leave a guess in the comments.   Smile

2012_03_16_3897

My purpose for visiting the Antique Marketplace was to purchase some CeCe Caldwell chalk paint. I did a search and found out that there are no ASCP chalk paint stockists near here, but I did find CeCe’s chalk paint.  woo hoo! I completed my first real chalk paint project, a small chest and will share that real soon. It turned out great!

Our new couch was delivered today. Smile Now that the couch is in the room it will be easier for me to finish decorating. More on that later.

Debbie (((xx)))

Comments

1. Kristen says:

Thanks for sharing…I just love strolling through antique shops and I don’t get to do it often enough with a toddler in tow. I just love, love all that architectural salvage and that cool horse!

Have a good weekend,

Kristen

McCoy I think because I have a vase (McCoy) that looks very similar to the ivory one in the center. What a great place! If you found one without that “smell” you did super. I have yet to run into one of these places that doesn’t have that peculiar aroma. Oh some chalk paint that isn’t A.S.’s. I can’t find any of hers around without ordering it. Perhaps I’d have better luck with this brand.

Oops…that should say “I’d have better luck finding this brand.”

Those things…are they speakers to hang in the car windows (and just try to keep the mosquitoes out) at the drive-in?

4. Great place, Debbie! I have plans on hitting my local place when I go to the library this afternoon. I like to check in as often as possible to look for the few things I keep in a mental list in my head. I see you have one of them at this place – shutters!

5. Nana Diana says:

Wow, Debbie- What a fun place to visit! I love all the old pottery pieces/vases and i see there is some great looking grey and white pieces there, too! xo Diana

6. Linda@Coastal Charm says:

Thanks for taking me along on your trip to the market…it was fun!!

Blessings,
    Linda

7. Awesome place, can’t wait to see what you paint!
    I wish I could go shopping with you!
    Debbie
    Debbie refresh restyle recently posted..ChalkboardMy Profile

8. janice says:

Those are drive-in movie speakers. We have some and we hooked them up to our stereo one time and listened to that old-time sound. Fun!

9. Kim says:

Yep, I am old and know exactly what they are. I tried that chalk paint and it was runny compared to Annie’s. Look forward to seeing what you did.

• Ela says:

Karla, I heard you met my friend Vickie from Sherman. You can’t iinamge how much fun I have had with Annie Sloan. Some items are already in my Shabby Friends store and some have already sold. Check me out at Shabbyf.blogspot.com. I will be needing suggestions for some future projects.

10. Bonnie Schulte says:

Boy, do these speakers bring back memories. The very last time I was at the “Outdoor” was with my husband , when we saw the movie” Rose Mary’s Baby.” Does that give you an idea of How long long long ago that was? (49 years ago) Great photos of lots of “interesting” things.

11. Jenise Liss says:

This is a really good site post, im delighted I came across it. Ill be back down the track to check out other content that

12. bonhomme says:

I’m genuinely influenced together with your publishing capabilities and with all the design to your weblog.. Flatbed Towing Is it any paid out topic or maybe did you adjust them yourself? Anyways continue to be inside the superior quality producing, it’s strange to check out an awesome blog site such as this one at present.