Christmas mantle 2011

The carol O Holy Night, inspired snow covered greens, white, silver and sparkle, for the mantle this year. It’s always been one of my favorite Christmas songs. On this mantle, the stars are brightly shining.
full2011_12_10_3120
Decoupaged sheet music from an old hymnal and sparkly letters create the focal point.
o hol2011_12_10_3140
The white rose tree was a craft project that made me crazy. It took forever! I was rolling flowers for days!
f82011_12_10_3131
All the greens are freshly cut from our yard and sprayed with snow.
f72011_12_10_3130
The twig tree was another project, but it was was quick and easy.
twigtree
The right side of the mantle with the twig tree perched on an urn turned upside down.
a22011_12_10_3112
The left side, with the rose tree sitting on an old wooden pedestal that I never got around to painting white.
a42011_12_10_3116
My glittered pinecones looks so pretty nestled in the greens.
a6
Last year the mantle was done in red, and while I liked it, this one I love! It’s definitely a bit over the top but that’s ok, it’s Christmas!
I’ll be sharing more of how I created the mantle in another post.

christmas-mantel-link-party-300x300Holiday_Home_Button_2011_RhodaHooked-on-Holiday-House-Tours
 holiday200x200

Happy Holidays!

Debbie (((xx)))

Comments

1. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says:

Beautiful, Debbie! I love the snowy look and the theme you went with!

2. ♥ Helen says:

It`s beautiful :)

3. Linda@Coastal Charm says:

Debra,
    Looks stunning!!! Love the framed music sheets…thanks for giving me an idea:)

Blessings,
    Linda

It is beautiful and magazine worthy! I really really like the lettering on the old music pages in the frame. Good thing that you have such a nice variety of greenery in your own yard.

5. Anonymous says:

I just Love your mantle and great idea to spray the twig with snow- the twig tree- so darn cute..
    Great Ideas looks amazing…Love the simple whites..
    Karryann @ Gracefully Vintage

6. bj says:

Just breathtaking…how great all the decos look with your stone.
    xo bj

7. Michelle @ Ten June says:

Very pretty!! I love the silver + white colors, especially with your stone fireplace. Great job! Thanks for linking up!

8. Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas says:

I LOVE it Debbie! The white and glitter and snow is just gorgeous!

Beautiful!

Lou Cinda

9. Gloria (The Little Red House with the White Porch) says:

Debbie, this is just so lovely and classy. I love that twig tree you have, and love the rose tree, and think you did well by NOT painting the base! It shows off the lovely white roses, to go along with your whole white theme! Everything is beautiful.
    Best,
    Gloria

10. Chari at Happy To Design says:

Hi Debra…

Oooh…your mantel is GORGEOUS! I love the white with the snow covered greenery..and the silver too! Wow…your rose tree is fabulous! Yes, I can only imagine how long it took you to make all the roses but it turned out so beautiful! I'd say that the finished result was well worth the time and effort! I also love the pair of white deer! I love how you used the old hymns for the backdrop to the "O Holy Night" sign! That's a GRAND idea! Everything looks gorgeous, my friend! Thank you for sharing your Christmas mantel with us!

Warmest Christmas Wishes,
    Chari

11. Jojo says:

Your mantle is the prettiest I've seen on blogs this season. I've wished to see a mantle blog party as I'm always mantle-challenged. Somehow I never get the scale and balance right.

12. michelle says:

It is gorgeous Debbie!!! I love the greens and whites this year and I love your trees! I can imagine that the roses took a bit to make but it turned out beautiful.
    xoxo

13. Susie Q says:

Just as beautiful as can be Debbie. One of the prettiest I have seen in all of bloggy world. Truly! I love the colors and how fresh and lovely it all is.
    Love,
    Sue

14. Miss Janice says:

Goodness gracious, this is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure you'll be "picked up" by a magazine very soon! Fabulous!!!

15. Debra says:

This is so pretty! I love the wintry feel of it. It's so clean, if that makes any sense. :)

16. Julia @ Hooked on Houses says:

Oh, wow, Debbie, I've been looking at a lot of mantels today but yours is really creative and unique. Love it!! :)

17. Anne S. says:

Simply gorgeous!

18. Linda @ it all started with paint says:

Very pretty!

Trackbacks

1. [...] Bungalow Blog has a cute fireplace mantel display with this framed decoupaged sheet music from an old hymnal and [...]

2. [...] Sigh. I just love this frosty, bright blue and green mantle from Centsational Girl! Source [...]